I’ve been doing speaking engagements for the past 8 years and have experience with lots of different topics. While I ask for an honorarium, I’m happy to work sliding scale and accomodate smaller budgets. Each situation is different, depending on distance, time commitment, and my schedule. Contact me at tobi at nodesignation dot com, or by leaving a comment on this blog to discuss your specifics.
I’m a multiracial trans dyke. I always work intersectionality into my presentations and usually end up discussing how a topic effects people dealing with multiple issues of oppression. I am a contributor to bilerico.com, publishe zines and other media through Handbasket Productions, and maintains an archive of my older work at nodesignation.com. A more detailed bio is available on bilierico.
Here’s a quick run down of my some information you might find useful in deciding if I meet your needs as a speaker.
- Currently serve as COLAGE board co-chair
- Nominee for a Feminist Porn Award (2009)
- Given an “Unsung Hero” award by the University of Oregon Office of Multicultural Academic Support. (2008)
- Given an “Equality Champion” Award by Basic Rights Oregon (2008)
- Co-founded Lane Gender Task Force and helped organize local trans activism (2003-2006)
- Participated in a variety of campus actions on race and social justice issues (2001-2006)
Recent Topics Presented On:
- Examinig Transmisogyny
- Not Fantasies, Not Victims: Sex Worker Realities
- Gaps in the LGBT Movement: Focusing on Trans and Race issues
- New Labels, No Labels: Why LGBT isn’t Enough
- Making Non-Binary Gender Visible
For a more detailed, if somewhat older, description of possible presentation topics, visit the workshop page on my old website.
Writings and Articles: